Most people know that termites eat wood, and most people don’t like termites. However, there are many weird yet interesting facts about termites that you may not know.
- If you wanted to eat termites, they are very nutritious! They are packed full of amino acids, calcium, iron, and protein.
- Termites do not sleep. They work and build colonies until they die.
- Every year, termites can cause more than 5 billion dollars’ worth of damage to homes and properties
- While humans consider termites gross, they are very hygienic. They spend a lot of time grooming each other to try and prevent disease.
- There are more than 2,700 termite species worldwide, and some have been on earth for more than 250 million years.
If you need termite treatment or an exterminator in Montana or Wyoming, contact Best Pest Control today!